Thursday, February 14, 2013

Yummy Hot Cocoa

My kids love hot cocoa. This week we got hit with a cold snap and my kids really wanted some hot cocoa after playing outside, but we were out of those all so handy cocoa packets. So off I set to find a way to make some hot cocoa for my kids with out me having to make a trip to the store. After some digging through my cabinets and pantry and then Googleing recipes for hot cocoa. I combined some of the recipes to best use the ingredients that I had available and make enough for my family. It was a snap to make and my kids loved it. Sunny Bunny said it was like drinking warm melted chocolate ice cream. I decided in light of that I would share the recipe I used. This recipe made 5 servings for us.

Ingredients
1/2 cup of Sugar
1/4 cup of powder cocoa ( I used hershey')
Dash of salt
1/cup water
4 cups milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Dash of cinnamon

1. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in a sauce pan.
2. Stir in water
3.Cook and stir over medium heat until it boils
4. Boil and stir for 2 minutes
5. Stir in milk, vanilla and cinnamon
6. heat but do not boil
Pour into cups and serve.
Well I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we have. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment