Sunday, March 25, 2012

Trying something new

This week I had a craft show! I make tutus and love doing so, but there are so many people out there making tutus now. I wanted to do something different so first I started with RAGATU'S which many seem to making now and calling them tattered TUTU's. I love making these and my youngest daughter loves wearing them. She likes how the shake and spin. She actually calls them her Shaka Shaka skirts :)


Now I am making Hand Dyed tutus and as far as I can tell very few others are actually doing this. I hunted on the web and on Etsy, Which I love! So Yay for me right!?! My hands this week looked liked I tried to Tie Dye them. I should have taken a picture of them but I was more worried about getting them back to a normal color by Saturday that it never really dawned on me! I had so much fun testing different colors and ways of dying the tulle.Testing different types of dye for not colorfastness but overall safety.




I will be creating more of these and some new charms this week. You can check out all of my new tutus and wooden toys on my website !

No comments:

Post a Comment