|A young weeping willow can be to much temptation not to walk through|
|Coyote stopping to smell the flowers|
|collecting some seeds|
|our collection of maple seeds|
|Things you need for this craft twigs,maple seeds,hot glue,paint,jewels|
|The first dragonfly's made before being painted. Can you see why the needed painted first?|
|I put a small amount of primary colored paint on some Freezer Paper|
|The girls had fun mixing the colors and investigating the seeds as the painted them.|
|Painting with your hands is messy fun. Coyote had a lot of fun till she was done and then she was upset at being dirty.|
Some helpful hints if you are going to try this yourself.
1. if you cut the actual seed out they are easier to glue together.
2. presort the seeds to size
3. lay out the seeds to help make sure the seeds painted on the right side for the wing shape later
4. I found it easier to glue the bottoms together and the the tops one at a time to the bottoms and then glue the whole thing to the stick.
5. You don't really need sticks that are very big.
6. glue the eyes one one at a time to avoid burning your fingers.
7. Have and just enjoy the time with your family.
Thank you for reading.