Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday busting up some crazy

I don't know about you but I have been seeing a lot of this post
Kalle Kiander's Photos
Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made – things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.
 
 




going around on FACEBOOK. OK first this is the link  to the article it came from supposedly.  So being thoroughly grossed out I SNOPESed it.  Here is the link to what I found there.  Basically though you are safe. McDonald's uses white Chicken meat in the their chicken products and have since 2003. Also it has to be labeled  as Mechanically Separated Meat. Beef is no longer allowed to be mechanically separated because of Mad Cows disease.  Oh and pork commonly used in hot dogs is only allowed to be Mechanically seperated meat up 20% so even your hot digs are safe. One last thing the whole guts,eyes and all statement was  not true. 
 
When I was looking this up though it made me and my hubby think of old school McDonald's chicken nuggets, with their mashed meat filling and what I think  was little air bubbles in the filling.  How crunchy and good they were. Now when you bite into one that is not what you see and frankly they seem to be lacking a little of the umph they used to have.  At this point we realized  our kids will never no the joy of eating mushed meat chicken nuggets from McDonald's. HA HA HA! Oh and for the record I ate those as a kid and I am just fine so no poisonous side effects from the ammonia dipped guts and all chicken nuggets here. Though I am glad to know when I let my kids  eat McDonald's chicken nuggets now that they are eating the healthiest version they could be as far as fast (junk)food goes.

5 comments:

  1. I thought that was frozen strawberry yogurtLOL. I am not a McDonald's fan, although my kids loved the fish sandwiches. We don't eat there anymore -all weight conscious....

    I am your newest follower (returning your follow) and look forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow back. I think it may actually be frozen yogurt. We only rarely eat at McDonald's because it is not the healthiest food or the best economical choice, but it can be fun for a treat.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I came over and followed you back thru GFC. I did not see FB or G+ so if you have one, let me know and I will come back and follow. Again, thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great week!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you following me back. I need to get my G+ on here. I am new to this and I am still trying to figure out what I should and and should not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is good to know. My Little Bit adores McNuggets and I was worried he would grow an extra arm or something ;D

    ReplyDelete